Studies show yoga can dramatically improve a patient hormone profile lowering the high levels of adrenaline & other fight or flight hormones released in response to stress.
- The Principles and Practice of Yoga and Healthcare ~ Sat Bir Singh Khalsa
- Yoga for Depression ~Amy Weintraub
- Yoga as Medicine ~Timothy McCall MD
- Yoga Rx ~Larry Payne PhD & Dr Richard Usatine
- Arora S et al. Modulation of immune response in stress by yoga. Int J Yoga. 2008;1:45–55
- Granath J. et al. Stress management: A randomized study of cognitive behavioral therapy & yoga. Cogn Behav Ther. 2006;35:3–10.
- Köhn M. et al. Medical yoga for patients with stress-related symptoms & diagnoses in primary health care: a RCT. Evid Based Complement Alt Med. 2013:215348.
- Michalsen A. et al. Rapid stress reduction & anxiolysis among distressed women as a consequence of a 3-month intensive yoga program. Med Sci Monit. 2005;11:CR555–61.
- Satyapriya M. et al. Effect of integrated yoga on stress & heart rate variability in pregnant women. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2009;104(3):218–222.
- Smith C., Hancock H. et al. A randomized comparative trial of yoga & relaxation to reduce stress & anxiety. Complement Ther Med. 2007;15(2):77–83.