intense stretch pose; forward fold
- lengthens neck, shoulders, spine & hamstrings
- promotes circulation to upper torso & head
- activates inner thighs
- adho mukha svanasana
- ardha uttanasana
- prasarita padottanasana
- supta padangustasana
- Lower back pain? Enter posture with bent knees and place hands several inches in front of feet or grab forearms & allow head to hang heavy
- Tight hamstrings? Place 1 or 2 blocks several inches in front of feet & below shoulders to press palms upon. Extend heart forward while keeping knees slight bent.
- Weak inner thighs? place the narrow side of a block between your upper inner thighs. Bend your knees and place your hands alongside your feet. Work towards straightening your legs as you squeeze the block.
PROCEED WITH CAUTION:
- If you have acute hypertension, glaucoma or spinal conditions (i.e. herniated disc) for all standing forward bends
- Be mindful of body alignment.
- Do not arch your upper back and roll your shoulders forward.
- Do not lock your knees and round your lower back
PRACTICE CHILLASANA VIDEO LINK: Stay tuned..coming soon to YouTube. Subscribe to our newsletter to get updates.