chair pose; fierce pose
- strengthens the muscles in thighs & feet
- increases ankle mobility
- tones core muscles
- adho mukha svanasana
- ardha uttanasana
- ashta chandrasana
- Tightness in ankles? Place a rolled up mat or towel under heels to help reduce ankle dorsiflexion. Spread toes wide to provide a larger base for support.
- Knee pain? Use a wall to provide stability & to help limit knee flexion. Stand with back against wall, feet hip-width distance apart. Bend knees, hinge at hips & place butt on the wall. or use block in between inner thighs
- Shoulder pain? Instead of reaching arms up, keep palms together at heart’s center. Press hands firmly together to open through the chest and back.
PROCEED WITH CAUTION:
- Be mindful of body alignment.
- Ground toes for increased sensory feedback (proprioception) for body awareness.
- Avoid rounding back. Hinge at hips, keep chest open and spinal muscles engaged.
PRACTICE CHILLASANA VIDEO LINK:
Stay tuned..coming soon to YouTube. Subscribe to our newsletter to get updates.